Hopeful Hearts Therapy, LCSW, PLLC accepts Cigna, Optum, United Healthcare, United Behavioral Health, UMR, Aetna and MVP Health Care.
At this time Hopeful Hearts Therapy, LCSW, PLLC is an Out Of Network provider with all other insurances. While we might not accept your insurance directly, you may be able to use your Out Of Network benefits to offset the cost of therapy. This is a fairly easy process:
- Payment in full is due at the time of each appointment unless other prior arrangements have been made. Currently we are only accepting electronic bank transfer and credit cards due to COVID19.
- We will provide you with a coded invoice (commonly called a “superbill”)
- You will submit the superbill to your insurance company.
Your insurance company will then reimburse you for a portion of what you paid based on your specific policy. Reimbursement will go directly to you.
Before your first appointment, you should call your insurance company to find out whether you have Out of Network benefits for outpatient behavioral health/mental health. Some questions to ask might be:
- Do I have an out of network benefit?
- Do I have a deductible I need to meet before I can use my out of network benefits?
- What is the procedure for submitting superbills? What address or fax number do I send them to? Can I submit them electronically through a portal?
- How much (or what percentage) would I be reimbursed? You are welcome to provide them with the following codes - usage depends on the situation: (90834 Psychotherapy 45 minutes, 90837 Psychotherapy 60 minutes, 90839 Psychotherapy for crisis, 90791 Diagnostic Evaluation, 90846 Family or couples therapy without patient present, 90847 Family or couples therapy with patient present)
- Is there a limit to how many mental health sessions per calendar year I can use?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care doctor to use my out of network benefit?
We encourage people to write down the answers as well as the date/time of the call, representatives name and confirmation number (if any).
We are committed to making treatment accessible to as many people as possible. Professional fees are determined on an individual basis.